Welcome to Deborah Petiot Photography!



Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy my blog and the adventures that I have caught with my camera. Please leave a comment and contact me if I can capture some special moments for you and your family.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our Southern Florida Vacation

We stayed in Deerfield Beach at the Sunrider Beach Resort, which is just north of Fort Lauderdale. This quaint little resort is right across from the beach and has the most amazing views. I got up almost every morning for the sunrise, and enjoyed a lot of time poolside! One day we went for an almost 9 mile walk to see a light house...next time I will just drive.

We spent one day on the Everglades at the Billie Swamp Safari. We saw crocodiles, lots of birds and other wildlife, including buffalo and wild hogs. Our tour guide pointed out some Florida Panther tracks but we didn't spot it. The highlight was definatley the airboat rides!
Of course we had to make a road trip down to Miami. We first visited the Bill Biggs State Park on Key Biscayne. There is a great little Light House, walking trails and beaches. We stopped at a cute restaurant and enjoyed the amazing views. On our drive back we saw some amazing views of the Miami skyline. Miami traffic was a little crazy but we had to stop at South Beach for a bit. What an amazing beach. I can't imagine how crazy it must get during Spring Break!


On our day in Fort Lauderdale, we enjoyed a 2 hour cruise on the canals with Gondalas West.  This is a quiet, and highly enjoyable tour.  If you are ever in the area, make sure to call Chris and go for a cruise with him.  He was very knowledgable and gave us a great experience.  Expect to see lots of amazing houses along the way!


What a wonderful place to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment